Simplified Nutrition Online respects your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal information. The following privacy policies report the different ways your personal information is collected by Simplified Nutrition Online.
Types of Personal Information We Collect and our Method of Collection
Personal Information: This policy covers the following personal information that Simplified Nutrition Online collects through your use of the Simplified Nutrition Online Web sites and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Simplified Nutrition Online may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions.
Simplified Nutrition Online also may use third party sources, such as opt-in lists, as specified below.
(1) Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information and when this information is collected in forms on our web site, it is collected and/or transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
(2) Transactional information, including information about the products and services you purchase or download or about which you make an inquiry.
(3) User preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, community choices and other information you select in the customer profile when registering on SNOdietarymanagement.com or indicated by your use of other Simplified Nutrition Online Web sites.
(4) Financial/credit card and payment information.
(5) Event, Conference participation information, and continuing education information such as lectures, classes or booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or presented by Simplified Nutrition Online. If we use electronic tracking technologies at an event, we will provide notice in the event registration materials and/or correspondence.
We may supplement information you provide with information received from third parties.
Embedded URLs: Simplified Nutrition Online also uses a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the site without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but is not associated with personal information and is not used beyond the session.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information: Simplified Nutrition Online uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) To engage in transactions. Simplified Nutrition Online may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
(2) To process transactions. Simplified Nutrition Online may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Simplified Nutrition Online may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other third parties to complete the transaction.
(3) To provide support or other services. Simplified Nutrition Online may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
(6) To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our web site which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial.
(8) To select content, improve quality and facilitate use of the Web sites. Simplified Nutrition Online may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third party cookies), to help create and personalize Web site content, facilitate your use of the Web sites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions and preserve order information between sessions), improve Web site quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, and evaluate page response rates.
(9) To provide various Simplified Nutrition Online communities, such as partners, with relevant product alerts and updates. If you sign up for an Simplified Nutrition Online community (e.g., Simplified Nutrition Online Partner Network, Simplified Nutrition Online Technology Network, SNOdietearymanagement.com), Simplified Nutrition Online also will provide you information in which you have expressed an interest related to new product releases, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns.
(10) To power joint sales or product promotions. Simplified Nutrition Online and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Simplified Nutrition Online and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either Simplified Nutrition Online or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address your particular needs and concerns.
(11) To contact a referral/"tell a friend". If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about our site, we will ask you for the friend's name and email address. Simplified Nutrition Online will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Simplified Nutrition Online uses this personal information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Simplified Nutrition Online at contactus@SNOdietarymanagement.com to be removed from the referral program.
(12) To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Simplified Nutrition Online or one of our partners. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to an event for which you have registered. Simplified Nutrition Online may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company. Simplified Nutrition Online also will permit designated partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications through the services of a third-party bonded warehouse. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations; providing your information is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns.
(13) To comply with legal requirements. Simplified Nutrition Online may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. Simplified Nutrition Online will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for these purposes.
Please note that your personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy. While Simplified Nutrition Online may share your personal information with agents and contractors in order to perform the functions listed above, including credit card clearing services, order fulfillment, and event, campaign and web site management, we require that they treat your personal information, and limit its use, in accordance with the standards specified in this policy.
Registration, Customization, Preferences and Opt-out:
Simplified Nutrition Online allows you to establish an online registration profile for marketing communications at SNOdietearymanagement.com. You may use the profile to customize and control your preferences for receiving electronic information, including opting into (or out of) communities, newsletters and general interest areas. You can return to the registration profile at any time to change your elections or modify your profile at www.SNOdietarymanagementcom/account.html. Please login as usual and follow the prompts to "update my profile."
Opting Out: SNOdietearymanagement.com enables you to opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of email marketing by modifying your online profile as described above or by using our general unsubscribe automated link that is included in Simplified Nutrition Online marketing emails. You can find details on how to automatically unsubscribe from email communications, as well as how to submit requests to opt-out from phone and postal marketing, on our SNOdietearymanagement.com/account.html page.
If you have any problems using any of these opt-out mechanisms, please send an email to webmaster@SNOdietearymanagement.com, indicate "opt-out" in the subject line, and specify what problem you have encountered in the body of the message.
Some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications related to product download, sales transactions, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes, quality assurance surveys, conferences or events for which you have registered, and disclosures to comply with legal requirements, as well as communications with partners, including product alerts, updates, marketing and sales materials and other notices related to partner status.
Information-Sharing Choices: Simplified Nutrition Online only shares personal information with selected companies after providing users the ability to either opt out of or opt into the sharing. There are limitations to opting out of such sharing in the case of (1) joint sale or joint events where the data goes to both Simplified Nutrition Online and the other party at the same time; (2) where the customer has requested follow-up which involves Simplified Nutrition Online partners; and (3) where third parties are required to accomplish the transaction or perform the service.
Third Party Permission-Based Lists. On occasion, Simplified Nutrition Online may use third-party lists to send communications about Simplified Nutrition Online products and services. These lists, which are maintained by third parties, include users eligible under applicable law to receive emails from other companies such as Simplified Nutrition Online. When we use such lists, the communications will include mechanisms to opt out of Simplified Nutrition Online marketing communications and the third party lists. If you have trouble opting out, or if you wish to make us aware of any issues related to a third-party mailing, you may contact us directly at webmaster@SNOdietearymanagement.com.
Access and Profile Updates:
You have the ability to update your SNOdietearymanagement.com profile and related personal information at any time. To change this information, please login at http://www.SNOdietearymanagement.com/ account.html and follow the prompts to "update my profile."
If you have questions about your account or are having trouble accessing your account, you can get answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and request help with your account athttp://www.SNOdietearymanagement.com/faq_ account.html.
If you have privacy concerns about your personal information, please contact us at webmaster@SNOdietarymanagement.com.
You may also write to us at the following address:
3302 Alt 19; Palm Harbor, FL 34683; USA; Attn: Webmaster
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
Advertising: Simplified Nutrition Online uses some third parties to administer a limited set of Simplified Nutrition Online advertisements on its Web sites. No personal information is provided to the advertisers as part of this process, but aggregate profile information, such as user community, may be used in the selection of advertising to make sure that it has relevance to the user. On some banner ads, an embedded pixel may be present, and while it does not associate with a cookie or other personal profile information, it may return session connection information that allows advertisers to better determine how many individual users have clicked on the ad banner.
The security of your personal information is very important to Simplified Nutrition Online. We have in place physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. In addition, Simplified Nutrition Online uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When you enter sensitive information such as your credit card number on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your personal information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Simplified Nutrition Online will notify you of the breach by email, fax, or U.S. mail. Simplified Nutrition Online will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Simplified Nutrition Online to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
Reporting Compliance Issues: Simplified Nutrition Online has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer. If you believe your personal information has been used in a way that is not consistent with this policy or your specified preferences, or if you have further questions related to this policy, please contact the Chief Privacy Officer by email at privacy@SNOdietearymanagement.com. Written inquiries may be addressed to Chief Privacy Officer, Simplified Nutrition Online Corporation, 3302 Alt 19, Palm Harbor, FL 34683, United States of America.
We may update this policy from time to time. We will post a prominent notice in this section of this policy notifying users when it is updated. If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your personal information in this different manner.
We appreciate your comments on Simplified Nutrition Online's privacy practices: privacy@SNOdietearymanagement.com.
Last Updated: February, 2010.
Corporate Headquarters: Simplified Nutrition Online's corporate headquarters are located at: 3302 Alt 19, Clearwater, FL
1. Terms Applicable to Specific Content and Areas of the “Site”:
2. Use of Simplified Nutrition Online Solution:
Your use of the Simplified Nutrition Online Solution (the “Solution”) is subject to all agreements such as a license agreement or user agreement that accompanies or is included with the “Solution”, ordering documents, exhibits, and other terms and conditions that apply ("License Terms"). The “Solution” may not be modified or altered in any way; and (c) the “Solution” may not be redistributed.
3. Use of “Solution” Materials:
You may download, store, display on your computer, view, listen to, play and print Materials that Simplified Nutrition Online “Solution” publishes or broadcasts on the “Site” or makes available for download through the “Site” subject to your “License Terms”. Materials are a subset of “Contents” and include user manuals; tutorials; and other training tools. It is understood that the Materials of Simplified Nutrition Online may be used solely for noncommercial purposes and that our Materials may not be redistributed.
4. Reservation of Rights:
The “Site” and Content provided on or through the “Site” are the intellectual property and copyrighted works of Simplified Nutrition Online or a third party provider. All rights, title and interest not expressly granted with respect to the “Site” and Content provided on or through the “Site” are reserved. All Content is provided on an "As Is" and "As Available" basis, and Simplified Nutrition Online reserves the right to terminate the permissions granted to you in Sections 2 and 3 above and your use of the Content at any time.
5. Exchanging Your Information with Simplified Nutrition Online:
You agree that you will only upload, share, post, publish, transmit, or otherwise make available on or through the “Site” Content that you have the right and authority to share.
You agree that you will not share any Content that: (a) is false or misleading; (b) is defamatory, derogatory, degrading or harassing of another or constitutes a personal attack; (c) invades another's privacy or includes another's confidential, sensitive or personal information; (d) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual; (e) is obscene or not in good taste; (f) violates or infringes or promotes the violation or infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights; (g) you do not have the right and authority to share and grant the necessary rights and licenses for; (h) violates or promotes the violation of any applicable laws or regulations; (i) contains a solicitation of funds, goods or services, or promotes or advertises goods or services; or (j) contains any viruses, or other components designed to limit or harm the functionality of a computer, network, platform or system.
6. Security, Passwords and Means of Accessing the “Site” and Content:
You agree not to access or use the “Site” in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Simplified Nutrition Online accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any parts of the “Site” or any Simplified Nutrition Online accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the “Site” or any Simplified Nutrition Online accounts, computer systems or networks. You agree not to use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the “Site” or any Simplified Nutrition Online accounts, computer systems or networks without Simplified Nutrition Online's express written permission.
Access to and use of password protected or secure areas of the “Site” is restricted to authorized users only. You agree not to share your password(s), account information, or access to the “Site”. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of password(s) and account information, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s) or account(s) or as a result of your access to the “Site”. You agree to notify Simplified Nutrition Online immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s) or account(s).
7. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use:
Simplified Nutrition Online has no obligation to monitor the “Site” or screen Content that is shared on or through the “Site”. However, Simplified Nutrition Online reserves the right to review the “Site” and Content and to monitor all use of and activity on the “Site”, and to remove or choose not to make available on or through the “Site” any Content at its sole discretion.
10. Termination of Use:
Simplified Nutrition Online may, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing or limit access to the “Site”, any areas of the “Site” or Content provided on or through the “Site”. You agree that Simplified Nutrition Online may, in its sole discretion, at any time, terminate or limit your access to or use of the “Site” or any Content. Simplified Nutrition Online will terminate or limit your access to or use of the “Site” if, under appropriate circumstances, you are determined to be a repeat infringer of third party copyright rights. You agree that Simplified Nutrition Online shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or limitation of your access to or use of the “Site” or any Content.
11. Third Party Web Site Content, Products and Services:
The “Site” provides links to Web sites and access to content, products and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the “Site”. Simplified Nutrition Online is not responsible for third party content provided on or through the “Site” and you bear all risks associated with the access and use of such Web sites and third party content, products and services.
12. Legal Disclaimer:
Except where expressly provided otherwise, the “Site”, and all content provided on or through the “Site”, are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Simplified Nutrition Online expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement with respect to the “Site” and all Content provided on or through the “Site”. Simplified Nutrition Online makes no warranty that: (a) the “Site” or Content will meet your requirements; (b) the “Site” will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis; (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the “Site” or any content provided on or through the “Site” will be accurate or reliable; or (d) the quality of any Content purchased or obtained by you on or through the “Site” will meet your expectations.
Any Content accessed, downloaded or otherwise obtained on or through the use of the “Site” is used at your own discretion and risk. Simplified Nutrition Online shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download or use of Content.
Simplified Nutrition Online reserves the right to make changes or updates to, and monitor the use of, the “Site” and Content provided on or through the “Site” at any time without notice.
13. Limitation of Liability:
In no event shall Simplified Nutrition Online be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use, incurred by you or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort, arising from your access to, or use of, the “Site” or any Content provided on or through the “Site”.
14. Exclusions and Limitations:
16. Note Concerning Minors:
Minors are not eligible to use the “Site”, and we ask that they do not submit any information to us.
17. Legal Compliance Regarding Export Restrictions:
18. Applicable Laws:
All matters relating to your access to, and use of, the “Site” and Content provided on or through or uploaded to the “Site” shall be governed by U.S. Federal law or the laws of the State of Florida. You and Simplified Nutrition Online agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in Florida courts in any such legal action or proceeding.
19. Trademarks and Copyright:
SmartRecipes ™ and SmartAlternatives ™ are registered trademarks of Simplified Nutrition Online and/or its affiliates. Other names appearing on the “Site” may be trademarks of their respective owners.
20. Contact Information:
Part Two: Corporate Services Policy
Integrated Data is data that resides on Simplified Nutrition Online, customer, or third-party systems to which Simplified Nutrition Online is provided access to perform services (including “On Demand” environments as well as test, development and production environments that may be accessed to perform Simplified Nutrition Online consulting and support services). Simplified Nutrition Online treats integrated data according to the terms of this policy, and treats integrated data as confidential in accordance with the terms of your order for services.
Integrated data is composed of customer information and services data. The following statements define the difference between customer information and services data.
B) Services Data: In contrast, having contracted with Simplified Nutrition Online for Software as a Service, the customer then provides Simplified Nutrition Online with access to its production, development or test environment, which may include confidential information about its employees, residents, partners or suppliers (collectively "End Users"). This data set constitutes services data.
How We Collect and Use Services Data
Below are the conditions under which Simplified Nutrition Online may access, collect and/or use services data:
1) To Provide Services. Services data may be accessed and used to fulfill the requirements specified in your order for support, consulting, “On Demand” or other services.
2) To Maintain and Upgrade a System. Technical staff may require periodic access to services data to monitor system performance, test systems and develop and implement upgrades to systems. Any temporary copies of services data created as a necessary part of this process are only maintained for time periods relevant to those purposes.
3) To Address Performance and Revise or Amend the “Solution”. On occasion, Simplified Nutrition Online may develop new versions, patches, updates, and other fixes to its programs and services. In accordance with the terms of your order for services and/or with notice to you, we may access and/or use a copy of your test, development or production environment, including services data, to test such new versions, patches, and updates and validate that they work in your environment(s).
4) As a Result of Legal Requirements. Simplified Nutrition Online may be required to provide separately identifiable information to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. An example of this requirement is that Simplified Nutrition Online maintains HIPAA Compliance data. Insodoing, Simplified Nutrition Online protects resident privacy with data encryption and password-protected profiles for system users. Further, the service is managed with security access which produces time-stamped audit trails for all changes made in the system and by whom. Further details of the security parameters of Simplified Nutrition Online are presented below.
Simplified Nutrition Online does not use services data except as stated above or in your order. Simplified Nutrition Online may process services data, but does not control your information collection or use practices for your services data. If you provide any services data to Simplified Nutrition Online, you are responsible for providing any notices and/or obtaining any consents necessary for Simplified Nutrition Online to access and use services data as specified in this policy and your order.
Simplified Nutrition Online's access to services data is based on job role/responsibility. Services data residing in Simplified Nutrition Online hosted systems is controlled via a two-fold authentication. The security structure maintained by Simplified Nutrition Online involves (1) Security of its Servers; (2) Op System Security involving VPN; (3) Access Control Mechanisms; (4) Secure Sockets Layer Protection; (5) Controlled User Login; (6) Multiple Data Backup. Again, it is understood that you control access to services data by your end users; end users should direct any requests related to their confidential information to you.
Security and Breach Notification
Simplified Nutrition Online is committed to the security of your services data, and has in place physical, administrative and technical measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to that information. Simplified Nutrition Online security policies cover the management of security for both its internal operations as well as the services. These policies, which are aligned with the ISO/IEC 17799:2005 and ISO/IEC 27001:2005 standards, govern all areas of security applicable to services and apply to all Simplified Nutrition Online employees and subcontractors.
Simplified Nutrition Online's security policies and procedures are reviewed by the Simplified Nutrition Online Security Oversight Committee (OSOC). The OSOC coordinates implementation of security wide programs, including security policies and data privacy standards. The Committee is chaired by Chief Information Officer, CIO, Steve Bennett. Included are Chief Compliance Officer, CCO, Richard Reed; and Chief Privacy Officer, CPO, Delwar Hossain.
Simplified Nutrition Online is also committed to reducing risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of Simplified Nutrition Online facilities. Simplified Nutrition Online's efforts include making personnel aware of security policies and training employees to implement security policies. Simplified Nutrition Online employees and subcontractors are required to maintain the confidentiality of services data. Employees' obligations include written confidentiality agreements and compliance with company policies concerning protection of confidential information.
Simplified Nutrition Online promptly evaluates and responds to incidents that create suspicions of unauthorized handling of services data. The OSOC of Simplified Nutrition Online is informed of such incidents and, depending on the nature of the activity, defines escalation paths and response teams to address the incidents. If Simplified Nutrition Online determines that your services data has been misappropriated, Simplified Nutrition Online will promptly report such misappropriation to you.
If you believe your services data has been used in a way that is not consistent with this policy, or if you have further questions related to this policy, please contact the Chief Privacy Officer by email at privacy@SNOdietarymanagement.com. Written inquiries may be addressed to Chief Privacy Officer, 3301 Alt 19, Clearwater, FL, United States of America.
Last Updated: February, 2010